Living in PEIPrince Edward Island is an amazing place to live and work. This section will guide you through the process of living in Prince Edward Island. Citizenship and Immigration Canada, the PEI provincial government, and local settlement service providers have created a number of resources and services to help you settle in Prince Edward Island.
There are two primary settlement service providers in Prince Edward Island to help you once you move to PEI. The PEI Association for Newcomers to Canada has offices located in Charlottetown and Summerside with a variety of programs, services and online resources. The Guide for Newcomers to PEI will assist you to learn what to do when you first arrive, how to obtain essential Canadian documents, and other information that will help you settle in PEI.
- City of Charlottetown's Newcomer Guide (available in English, French, Chinese, Arabic, Spanish, and Korean)
Settlement service providers help with:
- finding a PEI job or starting a business;
- access to important information, training, and resources;
- enrollment in English classes, if necessary; and
- general help getting settled, support, and connecting with your community.
Provincial Government Online Resources
Citizenship and Immigration Canada Resources
Things to Do Upon Arrival Learning Language
Healthcare Child care and Education
Housing Rural PEI
Living Costs Adjusting to Life in PEI