Prepare to RelocateImmigrating to a new country is an exciting experience but it can also be challenging with many items to consider. Being well prepared prior to your move will help to reduce stress and potential challenges. These are some items that you may want to consider before you move to PEI.
It is advised that you do not make permanent arrangements to move to Prince Edward Island, such as leave your job or sell your property, until your visa has been confirmed.
Below is a suggested list of documents you may need when you arrive in PEI.
- Passport and other travel documents
- Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) - this is issued by Canadian authorities
- Birth certificate
- Marriage certificate, if applicable
- Important family records
- A valid driver's licence and a Driving Experience Letter from your home country
- Vehicle Insurance Certificate - this letter should come from your insurance company or agent and will include a record of your driving history for at least the five years before arriving in PEI
- Medical and dental records
- Vaccination booklet for each family member
- Official school records for school-age children
- Diplomas, degrees, and other proof of education
- Academic transcripts and/or credentials evaluation report
- Up-to-date resume and proof of work experience, including reference letters from previous and current employers
- Professional qualification certificates - this is especially important for Information Technology (IT) professionals, project managers (PMP), and accountants
- Proof of funds available
- Proof of total family income before your PEI arrival date
Welcome to Canada - English Welcome to Canada - French
Preparing to move to Canada Live in Canada Tool
The Canadian Immigrant Integration Program (CIIP) provides free pre-departure orientation to Federal Skilled Workers, Provincial Nominees, their spouses, and adult dependents, while you are still overseas during the final stages of the immigration process.
This checklist will help to remind you of what you may need to do before you arrive in Canada.
CIIP offices are located in China, India, Philippines, and the United Kingdom, and services are available in additional service delivery locations.