Canadian CitizenshipBecoming a citizen of Canada is a true honour. The main difference between permanent resident status and that of a Canadian citizen is the right to vote in democratic elections (if you are 18 years or older). As a Canadian citizen, you can:
- vote and be a candidate for political office;
- apply for a Canadian passport;
- enter and leave Canada freely;
- enjoy full economic rights ; and
- be eligible for some pension benefits.
Citizenship and Immigration Canada provides information and assistance on how to apply and to determine eligibility for Canadian Citizenship.
Citizenship and Immigration Canada